Stage Two Communications is looking to add a new member to its team to help manage award-winning clients
There are some exciting new happenings here at Stage Two: three of our clients have won three of the most prestigious awards at CES 2012. While we’re busy earning massive amounts of coverage and winning awards for our clients, we continue to add new clients and grow the firm. As a result, we are looking to add new team members to help us keep up with the agency growth.
We are looking for a PR Account Manager with four to six years of media-relations experience to join our hip, fun, experienced and dedicated team of tech marketing and PR professionals. The best candidate will be someone who knows both tech bloggers and tech lifestyle journalists who cover the consumer electronics and consumer web space. A knowledge of apps and the mobile tech space is also a big plus!
Who we are:
Stage Two is a cutting-edge consumer electronics PR and marketing firm. It’s our job to make consumer products popular. From gadgets, to apps, to connected TV, we represent some of the best products and startups in tech. We have fun, but are hard working above all else. Meanwhile, our office is just… well… cooler than yours. When we find some time away from our keyboards, we’re enjoying some drinks, some X-Box, free movies and occasionally Pepper, our official canine Stage Two mascot.
As an Account Manager you will be serving several accounts, liaising with clients, launching products, creating and implementing press strategies on behalf of the clients and working closely with journalists from leading publications to niche tech blogs.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Were are a dynamic start-up environment, you need to be able to keep up
- You are a fast learner and a self-starter with impeccable organizational skills
- You are also very reliable and a team player
- You are able to manage and prioritize the needs of multiple client relationships simultaneously
- You have extremely strong communications skills, especially written. We expect “Pulitzer-worthy” writing samples. (Ok, Ok, that was a bit too much, but you MUST have solid writing skills.)
- You have good understanding of consumer technology (video, mobile, etc) with a genuine interest in new trends in tech, media, and culture
- You bring to the table decent grasp of new media, including some contacts with bloggers and social network influencers
- You must be good at distilling complex tech talk into compelling stories
- In addition, the right candidate must be confident, articulate and brilliantly creative
- See above, and…
- Coordination of media lists and event logistics
- Monitoring of client and industry press
- Development, implementation and evaluation of the influencer-marketing strategies for clients
- Media relations: building and nurturing relationships with key bloggers, industry influencers, press/media, analysts
- New media outreach and traditional PR for new stories, company launches, product launches, etc.
- Strategic counsel: understand and explain consumer behaviors to clients. Suggest best marketing, web and pr strategies to enable clients achieve their ambitious business objectives
- Research and evaluate event participation opportunities (speaking, booths, panels, etc.) for clients
- Attend local industry networking events
We are located in the Financial District. There are many restaurants, bars and “cool spots” in the neighborhood.
If you’re interested in this job opportunity, please send the following to jobs(at)stagetwo(dot)com:
- A resume (preferably a hard copy and a link to an online one)
- A short bio
- Your salary requirements
- Why you think this agency is a perfect fit for you
- Which of our clients excite you the most, and why
Any emails without all 5 of the above will be ignored, and probably marked as spam. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Otherwise, we look forward to hearing from you!